West Bengal State Council of Tech. & Vocational Education & Skill Development [Vocational Education Division]
West Bengal State Council of Tech. & Vocational & Skill development , Polytechnic Education came under National Framework of Technical Education soon after independence to bridge the gap between Engineers and Workmen. Towards industrialization, plans were made to build PSUs, increase the network of railways and capacity building in Ordnance Factories and other industries. There was a felt need to develop a pool of technicians who could supervise the work in the workshop and in the site. New polytechnics were set-up in different plan periods. The polytechnics initially offered courses in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. With rapid industrialization processes there was a felt need for introduction of courses like Mining Engineering, Radio Communication Engineering, Architecture and the like.
National Policy of Education (NPE), 1986 highlighted the need for strengthening the Polytechnic Education System to cater to the need of emerging industries and technologies. To develop the Polytechnic Education System to the desired level, it required lot of investments. Government of India drew a Project for upgradation and strengthening of the Polytechnic Education in the country with assistance of the World Bank. The State of West Bengal participated in the Technician Education-II Project supported by the World Bank (IDA Credit No. 2223-IN). The project in our State started in 1992 and completed in October 1999. A total investment of about Rs.142 crores was made under the project. New Polytechnics were set-up, new courses were introduced and extensive staff development activities were taken-up. Curricula were updated and revised. Facilities for technician education were improved for the girls. Workshops and Laboratories were upgraded and modernized. Civil works was done in all the polytechnics.
- Bihar BTSC Various Post Online Form 2020 20th March 2020
- Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Technical Online Form 2020 17th March 2020
- NCL Operator and Other Various Post Online Form 2020 16th March 2020
- Uttarakhand UKSSSC Various Post Online Form 2020 (10+2) 14th March 2020
- Online Form 2020 Bihar Police BPSSC ASI Stenographer 4th March 2020
- Uttarakhand UKSSSC Junior Engineer JE Online Form 2020 4th March 2020
- Rajasthan RSMSSB Junior Engineer JE Online Form 2020 4th March 2020
- UP Police Constable 49568 Post Final Result 2020 3rd March 2020
- Reserve Bank of India RBI Assistant Pre Exam Exam Result 2020 3rd March 2020
- SSC CHSL 10+2 Tier II Result Marks 2020 3rd March 2020